Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hooked on the Old Testament

Never thought I would be so enthralled by the Torah. I am completely obsessed. Waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can dig in and read the next installment. A few thoughts I have had since Genesis 1 (Now in Exodus 7) (again).

You can eat from the Tree of Life and you eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil? Tyhat is crazy nuts.

If God loved Jacob and favored him so much than he can love me because Jacob was a hot mess.

Joseph's humility make him incredibly likable. So does his successes.

The gift of the Holy Spirit to mankind is not unlike updating your OS (operating system) on your computer. It allows you to process newer and greater things that your old OS was way to base and stupid to comprehend.

No wonder the old testament is fraught with animal sacrifice, the people were just like me. They suck suck suck at life. My obedience to God is like (here comes a stretch) that Meatloaf song. I would do anything for love... but I won't do that (alike except for any sexual innuendos that may be involved) (what is that song about anyway!?)

"18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. 19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky... But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found."

Do you think they went through the animals and were like "Hmmm llama.... no... rabbit... nope too fuzzy... Hey a buffalo! Neh..."


A great disappointment to me is my lack of interest in those characters lacking the holy spirit. How much depth can be had from someone with no discernment?

No comments:

Post a Comment