Saturday, September 17, 2011

Solo's bedtime

Last few weeks I have been doing Solo's bedtime without nursing him and the bedtime routine that has resulted is an absolute pleasure. One that I would not relinquish the rights to anytime soon (ever).

I feed him solids and then we nurse out in the hustle bustle of the living room. Shortly after we bid Daddy and Marley goodnight. Hugs and kisses all around and Marley says "Goodnight Mr. Sol-o-man."

Then we go into his room, turn out the light, turn on the white noise and I give him his snarfer (pacifier) and he wraps his arms around my neck and snuggles his face into my hair and neck. Then I sing three verses of Jesus loves me.

Jesus loves me this I know
For the bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong they are weak but he is strong
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me
The bible tells me so.

Jesus loves us still today
Walking with us on our way
Taking children on his knee
Saying, "Let them come to me"
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me
The bible tells me so.


And my own made up verse:
Jesus loves us always
Through our nights and through our days
As we work and as we rest
As we build on our new nest
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me
The bible tells me so.

The whol time I sing he holds me around my neck and pats my arm or back. My heart melts and then becomes solid then melts again. Making a big goopy emotional mommy.

I love him!
I especially love his smile. His teeth are so big and they are spaced out a bit and his grin is SUPER wide and it gives him such a rogueish appearance. Such a beautiful kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment