Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy birthday Jesus!

Stars smooshed up together become a great big moon. -Marley in her native tongue that I call Singsong.

Last night I took a look back at my blog entry from last Christmas and aimed to replicate it as best I could.
I prayed for an impossibly smooth running family day and mostly I got it. Marley and Solomon even slept fromtl their respective bedtimes until I woke them up at 8 when I got up. (I woke them up by running into each room to make sure they were there and alive). I think this is the first time this has ever happened, possibly second. Unbroken sleep is so foreign to me it makes me feel weird physically... awesome.

So we got up and Bob started Big Breakfast. French toast, bacon, sausages, eggs, strawberries... no biscuits and gravy though. Somehow we survived without. Mom and Dad joined us for breakfast and opening presents. Marley got paints, a dress, socks, a squishy toy, toothbrushes and a leap frog explorer with a princess game. Solomon got a car book (which he broke), an airplane (which he broke) a car (which is supposed to come apart so it survived) and of course toothbrushes. His favorite thing is a toothbrush. After that we got dolled up and went to second service where brother Greg showed a clip from Talladega Nights about baby Jesus. Hilarious. Marley and Solo were in Toddlerville together with Gigi and Grandpa Bob. I love them being in there together. Then we went home and Solomon napped (I consider that our second Christmas sleep miracle). Bob made delicious beyond reason green bean casserole. Heavy cream, penko, green beans, craisins, garlic, onions, almonds... so... good. Then to my folks' house for dinner with Grandpa, Michael, Jan, her daughter Jessica, Mom, Dad, Duebbers x6 and us. The amount of presents under the tree was insane. "Under the tree" was more like "filling half the room". Honestly though, my favorite part this year was the food. My mouth is watering just thinking of it now. Roast beast, roasted potatoes, green bean casserole, corn pudding, rolls, frozen pink salad. So delicious and working in perfect congress to satisfy my noms. My favorite present this year was a stamped metal necklace my sister made & gave me with Marley, Solo and Bob's. Names. But I am really looking forward to trying the countertop paint my parents gave us. Solo got a rocking horse thing from my parents which he is in love with. Oh and the birthday cake for Jesus from St. William's bakery also delicious. Happy birthday Jesus! (To drive home my point about my kids sleeping so long being a miracle let me say in the time it took me to blog this out Solo has woken once and Marley twice and Marley is now watching me type this out on my phone.) (The pix are gifts bonanza, Marley at the dinner table and Solomon in Toddlerville demonstrating his rocking horse skills.w




1 comment: