Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I posted myself a note in the middle of the night that said: "What's in a name? God's purpose and blessings are bigger than biology. Success, success to you (David)."

So...

I am going to try to reinterpret all those deep late night sleep haze thoughts into a blog I have been meaning to write. Or maybe I should just post that cryptic message and wish everyone luck?

Robyn and Scott officially adopted Lucy and Katie at the end of December right before Christmas. The actions, emotions and stress that lead up to that may need to be documented but not by this crazy person. The timing of the adoption being right near Christmas was fortuitious because it really brought to my mind how important family and love are. That sounds positively cliche I know.

Matthew 1: 20, 24 and 25
But after he (Joseph) had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit... When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Joseph did what few men in our culture would do, raise as his own, a child who was not biologically his. He manned right up.

Ok that is all I can do right now because my biological darlings are VERY VERY needy.


SPELL CHECK

No comments:

Post a Comment