Saturday, May 12, 2012

Confrontation & Fairness

I went out with some lovely friends this evening. Rachael, Harper, Jenie and by accident Nathan. While rebuking the general behaviors that leads to confrontation, I jokingly defined confrontation as anytime we communicate with anyone we do not already know.

After a 35 mph drive home watching (with hawk like focus) for raccoon and other road undesirables and doing some general evening reflecting I realized that I might actually believe that definition. Or at least I am left feeling confronted after I talk to people.

I will have to reflect further on this. Feel free my general audience to comment and suggest anything you may feel will be helpful on this subject.
...

I keep making conscious efforts to stop trying to make sure life is fair for myself. Somewhere along the way I convinced myself that I need to aggressively change all unfair aspects of my environment. I need to un-convince myself because it does not make for a better life.*

*(I'm not talking sexual/racial/ethnical equality here people) (those are things that should be fair)... (but maybe there are ways to better react to those situations as they arise)... (yet another thing requiring reflection).

No comments:

Post a Comment