Tuesday, May 15, 2012

God of Nature

Genesis 3 Response


How right a curse for woman. To have a husband rule over her. So difficult, so complex, so humbling and yet there are rewards inherent in the curse. What a loving God.
****


Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day. Genesis 3:8


****


Close to the heart of God
If I could choose the place the day I see Him.
The dawn after my body has returned to dust.
A meadow with knee high grasses, gold and green
The horizon full of trees, broad leaves moist and shining
Laying a step onto those sweet grasses, one slow
Then another, another
Till I am running
Unencumbered by pain or sadness
Moving assuredly in the grace of God
Though I run to meet Him, He is already with me
But when I see Him, really see Him
It is new
All things going exactly right all at once
Everything going my way
I discover joy
He will not send me away because He knows me
And there in the comfort of that knowledge
I will be with Him and He will speak
All the things I never knew, that I needed to know
Telling to me in detail what I am worth
And at what cost I was redeemed.
Let me then ask You my Father
Where the colors came from
What gave birth to mountains, tree and sea
Does the Beginning, and the End, the incredible I AM
Give rise to all things because there could be no other way?
Or does man's imagination model in minutia that of His?
Did You dream of a creation first
Then set the universe in motion?
Glory be to God alone.
We will sing in that place forever and ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment