Friday, July 20, 2012

Bible Gateway needs to send their emails at lunchtime


So I get this email every day from Bible Gateway with a Bible verse. A few days ago I woke up early for no apparent reason, rolled over in a fog of what-the-heck-why-am-I-awake and grabbed my phone in case, maybe I had missed some urgent buttcrack-of-dawn phone call. No calls, checked my Bible Gateway email because I hate icons sitting in my notifications tray and found this verse:

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I kid you not. I could not fall back asleep. I was terrified.
And the whole rest of the day I spent waiting to see what was going to befall me or my kids. I am not sure what my point is. 1. Don't wake up early? 2. Don't check your email before you brush your teeth? 3. Bible Gateway is guilty of inciting public-ish panic? (I told Bob about my fear, that makes it public).

Anyway, not sure I have a point, just telling you how it happened.
Boom, Boom, ain't it great to be crazy?

(PS. Nothing actually bad happened. Unless you count Solomon coloring his hair green, but that wasn't bad, it was awesome).

1 comment:

  1. I actually am going through a hard scary trying time and needed to see that verse. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete