Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blessed.... with questions!?

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? -Romans 8:32

Thankful for this opportunity to go back to school.
For my health and the health of my family.
For access to such enriching activities like the Museum Center, Kings Island, the libraries, the YMCA, church and the zoo. All such splendid opportunities to just engage as a family (and be surrounded by neat stuff).
How the first pages of my statistics book is about how unreliable statistics are.
That today went well when we did a mock-up run to school 3 Winslows strong. We made it in time (time to spare). We traversed all the steps and then on the way out found a better route.When I asked Solomon if he liked his teacher Miss Leia he nodded. Marley likes her teacher Miss Tracy and the room she is going to be in. I mentioned to her that she would be expected to nap and she seemed highly amused by the idea. She has only napped on the odd occasion since she was 1-2. I let her choose her blanket and pillow(-pet) to take with her. We will see how it goes.
For Solomon singing "Alligator" over and over and over and over and over and over in the car.
That Marley will learn how to read soon so she can STOP ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS. Believe me, I am glad she can talk, happy she will talk to me but the questions...
Marley: What are you making?
Me: Marinara.
Marley: What is that for?
Me: We can use it on pasta or for dipping bread into.
Marley: Why do you want to dip bread into it?
Me: Because it tastes good and this marinara is super healthy.
Marley: Why is it super healthy for you?
Me: Because it has a lot of healthy ingredients and I didn't add anything that wasn't healthy. So you get all the vitamins and fiber without the yucky stuff.
Marley: Why didn't you add yucky stuff?
Me: Because it makes us less healthy.
Marley: Why does it make us less healthy?
Me: Because it keeps our bodies from using energy in the right way.
Marley: Why does it stop us from using our energy?
Me: Because it messes with our metabolism.
Marley: Why does it mess with our metabolism?
Me: Because it's yucky stuff.
Marley: Yucky stuff? What is yucky stuff?
Me: The unhealthy stuff I left out of the sauce.
Marley: Why didn't you put in yucky stuff?
Me: AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This has to be how You feel God talking to me.
(and keeping with that statement)...

If there is no night in Heaven what will happen with the moon? Or will the sun be gone as well? It seems a little sad to lose the moon.
-.-.-.-.-----.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--

Marley was reading "Uh Oh. I'm Sorry" to herself (aloud of course) and I heard her say "Sometimes even parents make mistakes... just the daddies."
Bob says I told her to say it. I really didn't, she's just perceptive.
.-.-..-..-.....-.-.-.----...--.-.
I should mention that Bob is working hard to build a concept for his dream to become a reality. Working on menus, brands and equipment lists to create a business plan he can pitch at someone. He made curried saurkraut which is good enough to build a hot dog/sausage cart empire on I say. Noms. Meanwhile he works for Green B.E.A.N. and builds fruit bins for the man all day.

I think he should name his food truck JOHN STAMOS. That way when people are walking on the street they will say, "Hey look! It's JOHN STAMOS!"
Bob thinks he should name it Hot Bob's. #Unsure

1 comment:

  1. I have an endless number of things to say...

    ReplyDelete