Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good Day

Had a wonderful day today. Which would have not been possible without divine intervention. I went to bed late-ish last night and I am in the mood danger zone and Bob left at 11a to go camping.

First Marley and I colored the tips of our hair with markers.

Then we went to the grocery store and got almond milk and other stuff (but who cares about other stuff). Solomon started crying in the store  because I told him he could have a doughnut in the car but since he's a two year old boy all he heard was "You can have a doughnut" and then none appeared. I was at that point starting to get hungry (which usually makes me hot tempered and/or fainty) but I handled it. God held all my pieces together. We all enjoyed a doughnut in the car. Marley had a powdered sugar kruller for the first time and Solomon had the world's largest stickiest chocolate frosting and sprinkles doughnut. YES I gave him a doughnut after he cried about it, AND it was right before lunch AND he had a mini cookie from the nice Kroger bakery people. This is my wonderful day, I'm ok with it. I learned from my mother that when dad is out somewhere you are OK to do things in a "special way". Like pizza and watching TV during dinner every Friday night during Fall because your dad is coaching that one sport with the lemon-shaped ball.
... I think I just digressed on a digression. If only THAT was a sport.

Then we came home and had lunch and Solomon went down for a nap. I suspect he played in his crib for an hour first because he was in his crib quiet from 1:30 till 5. I think 3.5 hours was his previous record. Marley and I played plastic animals on my bed for awhile and we sat by the sunny window in my room in the wingback chair while I jotted down ideas and Marley colored dinosaurs and told me about stuff. The wind was blowing in the window, Marley's eyes were almost purple in the sunshine. When Solomon finally did wake up, I had the world's best store-bought pizza ready. Freschetta Harvest Supreme. Then after we each had 2-3 slices (it's thin crust!) we went on a walk with the wagon and the trash bag. Honestly by the end of the walk I could have gone without it but at least we picked up some trash. Headed to the backyard to play the preschool variety of hide and seek. Which does not even really require moving. I sat in the hammock with them and then they went down the slide for awhile. Solomon became very pleased with the amount of echoing his shout received.

I tempted them inside with dessert and on the way back up the hill we stopped to pick some oregano. Put the oregano inside and had an ice cream sandwich (for Marley) and 3 cookies (for Solomon). I know, we ate a bunch of junk today. The cookies were Who-nu's (fiber and calcium enriched!) if that helps anyone stop judging me.

We went back up to my room and the sun was setting, the light was falling prettily across their feet on my bed as they watched Special Agent Oso and I tied strings of oregano up to dry.

Then I put them both down to bed with no fussing and here I am. Listening to ambient music streaming on Pandora blogging before I write some fiction. Fiction where no one is going to have a particularly wonderful day.

Praise God for interceding between my mood and my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment