Sunday, October 14, 2012

If/when I die, show this to my kids.

Marley & Solomon- You are children of God, heirs with Christ and my beloved children too. You must never think you have gone too far or done too much for God to love you because no matter what, if you believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins, then it is good between you and God.
 
He keeps all of His promises and Jesus said it is accomplished. Meaning your salvation. You have a hope. Be sincere in your belief and let your lives show evidence that you love Him. Love is the actions you take, the words you speak and the thoughts you allow yourself to ruminate on. Be faithful, He will be to you.
 
Never underestimate what you are able to do because God will strengthen you. You can do all things. You are beautiful. You are wonderful. I have wept with joy looking at your faces. I have seen my mortality and my legacy when I look at you. You look more like your dad but you each have some traits that are like me too. Marley is dreamy and sometimes has to hear something a few times because she cannot be distracted from whatever her imagination is conjuring up. Solomon is energetic and undauntable, a trait that will move one forward if you can also practice patience.
 
What you do with your lives will become part of God's masterplan for the whole world. Be good guys. Do not let apathy or dogma keep you from caring about others but never sacrifice the truth. Be introspective, be humble, be bold. I have prayed for you since the days you were born. 
 
Solomon- that you would become a man that would lead others, strong and loving, that you would be a righteous man who genuinely loves God and serves Him, motivated by that love. That you would have generations after you who would be similarly lead, a light in this world.
Marley- that you would not be caught up in the sickness of this world. It is a cruel place for women. You do not need anything this world can offer to make you perfect in the sight of the Lord. Your face, hair, body are all perfect. Your eyes are a pretty blue  and they have shades of lavender in the sunset. Your face is the sweetest I know. I pray that you will know one day the miracle that is having children, that you will abstain from the bickering back-biting that personifies so many of this world's relationships.
 
Look to God to fufill the sometimes seemingly impossible expectations we learn to put on intimacy. No significant other will ever be able to fill your romantic or familial needs all the time. So go to God when you feel let down, or better yet, before you feel that way.
 
Neither of you should ever forget how special you are. How cherished you are. You are the greatest blessings I have ever received. I thank God for you both and for the time I have been given to spend with you. It is better fun to think of the great possibilities of your lives than it was to imagine them for mine, so be great!
 
Smile in pictures, clean up litter even if it isn't yours, be careful in cars; you may feel like you're sitting on a couch but really you're sitting in a giant bullet.
 
No words to describe my affection for you. I don't know how Heaven can compare to my happy moments with you two but I am looking forward to finding out and then sharing it with you some day.

Love,
Mom
 
1 Timothy 1: 15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patienceas an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal,invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 21
 

No comments:

Post a Comment