Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankfulness every day and Life updates

Day 1. Thankful for being able to go to school in the same building as my kids.
Day 2. For my desk.
Day 3. I am thankful to Crayola, RoseArt, etc. for making art affordable.
Day 4. Day 4...? I am thankful for my husband who tells me what day it is (but he is downstairs and cannot confirm the date and I really can't be bothered to mouse-over the clock right now.)
....
So we did not win a spot at Dater Montessori via the "Your-area-school-is-not-so-good lottery" but we are on watch to see if/when the camping begins for the first-come first-serve registration. Doors open at midnight on the 13th of this month. I heard there were 25 spots, 20 spots and most lately 22 spots. I have no doubt we will be able to get to the camping line in time to be in the first 20.

Bob: I want to camp but I'm not looking forward to it with a bunch of crazy moms.
Me: I am!
Bob: Uh huh.
...
Solomon takes longer than Marley to fall asleep and tonight he was working on falling asleep and singing Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes and the Birthday Song. He can say a lot of words but he is in the stage where I am the only person who can understand most of them.
"I want orange juice."
"Mommy I'm tired."
"Marley hit me." (Their favorite game is kung-fu these days) (also known as the game where they take turns saying "S/he hit me!")
"Water in cup."
"Baby powder."

Mommy I'm tired is by far my favorite phrase. Not just because it gives me hope that he may slow down long enough for me to grab him and stick him in his bed but it is adorable. It smacks of that quickly fading baby-vulnerability. It makes me sad knowing that this is likely my last 2 year old.
...
My book is going swimmingly, except when the plot confuses me. That is bad. The plot should not confuse the author, in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. tell Bob that the front of the line at Dater last year was exclusively dudes. and they were dudes he'd get along with just fine.

    ReplyDelete