Monday, December 24, 2012

Love

I don't know if I wrote about this before.

When I was teenager I was in the psych ward at Children's hospital (and several other times at Franciscan). The time that just came to mind was the first time I was hospitalized. I had tried to kill myself by overdosing on a hnadful of different medications. After they treated me medically I was put in the ward.

I don't remember anything in particular that I learned in my sessions or group therapies but I do remember some of the hurting people I met. Chris, Dale the girl who thought she was fat, Tequila, little Mike... tons of kids ranging from 4 years old to 17 years old.

The thing I remember most is that my parents came every day and that they arranged for my whole youth group to come visit me. 17 people, it was the most visitors any patient had ever received at one time a nurse told me. My parents wanted to make sure I felt loved even though I, myself was pretty unlovable at the time.

That is a real picture of God's love I think. Loving someone who rejects you, even though it is in inconvenient.

1 comment:

  1. Love helps us through some really tough times, although we might not fully appreciate it at the time.

    ReplyDelete