Sunday, December 16, 2012

Slob Update

Marley: You know what's great about making new friends? You have new friends and old friends and you can make them both work!

(meaning you can make both relationships work but I like it better from a delegation/overseer mentality).
...

The other night during the meteor shower I saw three shooting stars. Same night Bob got offered a job at Metropole, a fancy shmancy restaurant that specializes in some artsy with a side dish of fartsy. I couldn't be more excited. Bob doing what he wants to do in an urban forward-thinking establishment which functions as a hotel/contemporary art gallery/restaurant. Pumped.
...

I scrapped yet another version of my book. I had to look inside myself to harness my chi/ exorcise my demons/ own my verbs and find a new plot for my beloved (other)world. So I made a new timeline and lo and behold... I actually managed to think of a conflict (actually several of them). Something I could not previously produce without sticking a big nasty ugly stick into the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. I killed my original sidekick who I was in love with (meaning he no longer exists) but something had to give. I would have made it the main character if I could have managed it. I did get pretty concerned when I was roughing out the new timeline when I couldn't think of a better word for "frenemy." Somestimes it isn't just heavy machinery we should avoid when tired. It is the internet, our homework and other people in general.
...

I finished my first semester back to school and at least 5 of my 6 professors would probably not shoot me on sight. I'll count that as a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment