Saturday, April 6, 2013

Holy Revival, Batman.

I have the Duebs and my kids tonight. I just finished bedtime. They are all camped in various stages of sleeping bag or bed in Marley and Solomon's room. I am enjoying the choicest of eavesdropping. I feel like I am watching some mashup of TV sermons. It is awesome.

Message to Robyn while babysitting:

"I told all the children that they needed to keep it quiet because Katie is sick and needs her sleep (she was obviously tired before bedtime). I am sitting in my room and it is super quiet for several minutes when I hear "Yed, Jeedus lud me." It was Katie. Now Marley is in there giving her Passover message. "Jesus is the lamb. The blood on the door protects us." Which immediately turned into a discussion about the benefits of being 4 or 5. (years old)."

Now they are having a discussion that would make most adult theologians cry.

"God is the strongest god ever. He's even stronger than my daddy." -Marley
"My family and Jesus keep me safe." -Lucy
"The Lord is good, the Lord is fine, the Lord will save!" -Marley

"When there was a big, big flood, God told Noah to build a big big boat. That was a really good plan. The sea was full of water, with big waves." -Lucy
"Noah waited. As years passed, the rainbow came." -Marley
"Then the birds were like ca-caw, ca-caw." -Lucy

"I throw my teddy bear!" -Solomon
"Ow!" -Katie

"God can go to anywhere. Even Florida." -Lucy


No comments:

Post a Comment