Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stall tactics perfected.

"But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it." Genesis 9:4

I had an interesting conversation with Marley tonight. Organic in how it came about (although a bit gory). Her curiosity wanted to know how cooks get meat. I explained the process (farmer to butcher to cook). Then she said "it still has bones in it and we cook the blood out."

Then I (forgetting that what I was about to say was going to further stall bedtime) said that in the old testament God says we shouldn't eat meat with the blood still in it.

Of course, she wanted to know why. She's 4, she ALWAYS wants to know why. I said I didn't know. Think that answered suited? Of course not; she's a smart kid and a champion bedtime staller.

So I gave her the best explanation I could of why I didn't know. Of course this would sound criminal to secular ears. They want proof. But I'm blessed with faith and I've been charged with acting as witness. So I thought I'd share my little faith-for-four-year-olds analogy.

"Let's pretend you don't know what cavities are or how you get them. But I handed you a little brush and said hey, I want you to rub this brush on your teeth two or three minutes every day, once in the morning and once at night. You would think that I sounded a little crazy right? But I wouldn't be telling you to brush your teeth because I was crazy. It would be because I knew about cavities and that it can help keep you healthy and happy when you brush. I'd tell you because I love you, even though it made me sound a little crazy."

She got it. I can see God doing big things inside that girl's heart. To Him be the honor and glory forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment