Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Must be November.

Let me just list 30 things I am thankful for.

1. My kids do not have severe allergies.
2. This pregnancy has been easy and happy.
3. My whole family enjoys general good health.
4. My garbage-men!
5. Creative inspiration and the means to carry it out.
6. The Bible app. on my phone.
7. My sisters and brother.
8. My parents.
9. More than enough food even when I have no idea how it happens.
10. A car that rarely lets me down.
11. A hope that lets me rest easy.
12. My ivillage friends.
13. Access to medical care when Bob or I or my kids need it.
14. MY KIDS!
15. My husband.
16. His job; his natural gift for cooking and his enjoyment of learning new techniques.
17. My inlaws.
18. More than halfway through the semester!
19. Church and that I can worship alongside other people without fear of physical or criminal persecution.
20. Hot water on demand.
21. Tomatoes, bananas, apples, and oranges all year long.
22. Getting to play video games with Solo.
23. Listening to Marley READ!
24. Raisin Bran Crunch
25. My nieces and nephews.
26. Forgiveness.
27. The moments when the Holy Spirit guides me toward righteous behaviors (like humility).
28. Having a family that gives me a huge amount of joy and not grief.
29. Getting to be home with my kids while they are little.
30. Christ. He is my comfort, my shelter, my provider, my healer, my counselor. When I am loving, it is because he loved me. When I forgive truly, it is because I am forgiven.


I feel compelled to note that these are not in order of importance. Which is good, because while I am sure my garbage-men would appreciate it, not sure my nieces and nephews would.

No comments:

Post a Comment