Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mom thoughts

5 and a half years after my first tenuous, terrified steps into motherhood I find myself on a mattress with a three year old person who refers to me as the best, most special mommy ever and a 5 year old who frequently qualifies for best behaviour awards. Is it because I'm the best, most special mommy ever. No. Freaking. Way.

But as I lie here with my kids and my daughter's head is unnecessarily snuggled into my feet I am feeling a little bit of confidence. Not so much in my skills but in my understanding of this mom thing.

How can I possibly sleep with a kid's face so close to my feet?
1. Because I'm confident that my mom instincts will protect that face from getting pulverized by my twitchy pregnant lady legs.
2. In the event I'm wrong about number one... I'm confident that the damage will not be so much as to even wake the kid up.

Being a mom is learning humility, recognizing strengths, letting go, holding on and prayer, prayer, prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment