Sunday, April 13, 2014

Elliptical Post

"Where did my boobs go?" -Solomon
...
As far as I can tell I've given birth to the world's noisiest eater (Marley) and the world's second noisiest sleeper (Sage, second only to her father).
...
I use to hate the singing-worship portion of church. Partially because the standing (I was usually too tired to be into that), partially I was embarrassed by the outward displays. Now I get what a jerk I was being. I was made to worship Him. Something I've usually done through the written word but now too, through song. I love to worship Him! (And I don't mind the standing now either because I make sure to get enough sleep... Most the time).
...
I've heard that a newborn will crawl to it's mother breast even if the mother won't assist. I find that slightly hard to believe when my own brilliant (no sarcasm intended) daughter can't seem to find a nipple even when it's resting on her nose.
...
Animals that Sage sounds like: a dove (cooing), a tiger (growling), a pug (snuffling), a pig (snorting), a peacock (crying).
She's an animal-call prodigy. Her peacock and pug are particularly impressive.
...
Episcopalians are the best party throwers there are.
The church a few doors up had a pop up beer garden last week and tonight hosted an outdoor concert featuring a dixieland band that played such favorites as Take Me Out To The Ballgame and Minnie the Moocher. Thanks to combined acoustics of the church and the YMCA across the street, we could hear the trumpets and trombones perfectly from the front porch. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment