Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dave

Psalm 104:2-4, 33-34

The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants.
I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord .

I don't know for certain if the selection above was written by David. But other psalms that are, always make me feel like I understand David. Made special by God's love and important for the part God empowered him to play. At times brave, at times hiding in fear, painfully honest in one moment, lying the next, off and on in his gratitude for being blessed beyond his own deserving. Persecuted, conniving, poetic, practical, impractical, romantic... this man is us. This man is me. The lover, the murderer, the bold child, the sneaking adult. David always mentions God's creation with awe for the actual creativity of it. The sun, the moon, the stars, the wind, and creatures...
But God help me to not be like David the father of unruly sons.

David is by far one of my favorite people in history. (Samson being probably my least favorite character of the bible, if you were wondering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment