Friday, March 20, 2015

School. Sage.

What's the real reason I don't have the time I want to read aloud with Marley and Solomon?

My projects?
My attention span?
School?
Sage's possessive crazy-baby business?

I spend a lot of time researching books I want to read with my kids and really... That opportunity to read TOGETHER is starting to get to the far end with Marley. Why am I not making this more of a priority?

It's like the question that keeps popping into my head: why am I sending my kids to a place for 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week?  Especially a place that doesn't consider the Bible to be acceptable study. A place that doesn't consider the book of Proverbs to be an invaluable source for educating children?

I keep coming up with reasons why I should take more of a power position with their time and education. But I'm afraid. Of raising socially awkward weird kids, of trying to homeschool with no money (or find social supplementary activities I can afford), of losing out on all those cliche school things I did... afraid I won't have time to write.

Thinking "aloud."
I should really be talking about Sage's birthday party. Which we celebrated this evening. It was wonderful. I'll post about that with the pictures tomorrow. Too much brain fog this evening. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment