Sunday, May 10, 2015

Celebrate

My kids were too excited to sleep this morning. They couldn't wait to give me gifts for mother's day. But they still let me sleep till almost 9 and than brought me up a bowl of muesli with extra dates and raisins and almond milk and a handful of cards and flowers they picked from the grass. So beautiful and charming and funny.

Everyone came over for late brunch and Bob did a great job putting together six quiches, a casserole. Lovely.

Tonight after Bob read some bedtime books, Marley, Solo and I were looking out the window, smelling the insane delicious tree scent coming in from the backyard and listening to the cardinal who was at the top of the tree singing like crazy. And we talked about being birds that can fly where ever we want and pooping on cars... Ok the conversation might have been a little weird, but the air smelled good and the sunset was pretty.

I love being a mom!

And I love all the other moms in my life. My mom being foremost of course. Thanks Mom!
And remembering my grandmas that I got  to know, wondering about those I didn't.

So Happy Mother's Day! And Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment