Thursday, June 11, 2015

Little things

Teaching kids about sacrificial giving is difficult. At Christmas some of the gifts that were given were wrapped in this pretty metallic paper. I salvaged it because I loved it. I love reusing stuff to make things, but God put it on my heart that I needed to give it to him. Yes, the wrapping paper which had no value to anyone but me. But how do I give wrapping paper to God? The bible doesn't cover this. Should I throw it away? Recycle it? Donate it? Burn it? I folded it up and hid it where I couldn't look at it. Now in June God has given me a purpose for it. To glorify Him. I have been seeking ways to teach my kids about sacrificial giving and the project I came up with is something like geocaching. Essentially we are making little treasure chests, each of us donating a treasure. Then we "hide" it, hopefully to be found by an interested party. So my fancy pretty paper is being used to type bible verses for our treasure chests. I was going to include a picture but decided that would defeat the purpose. Praise God for the whispers in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment