Sunday, July 31, 2016

Kids, camping

Got my first gray hair at the age of 31. Things are looking up.

...
I wish I could redo my childhood with my kids as friends. I need to figure out how to do this. Or at least determine which parts I'm looking to relive. Tree climbing, creeking, art, vacations, my parents' parenting, singing...
...

Marley and Solo caught 7 fish using only a bucket.
...
Marley is willing to pick up a centipede but shivers with disgust at a Daddy Long legs.
...
Solo flipped his bicycles and crushed the front of his helmet and hit his cheek, skinned his chest and knee. After a couple of screams and getting the dirt cleaned out of his wounds, he was back on his back. Happy. I'm thankful we make him wear his helmet.
...
Camping is hard with kids. Most things are.
Not all kids. Just toddlers I guess. Sage is like one of those gambling games. You play over and over and you lose a lot, but the payout is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment