Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What lion?

Control yourselves. Be on your guard. Your enemy the devil is like a roaring lion. He prowls around looking for someone to chew up and swallow. Stand up to him. Stand firm in what you believe. All over the world you know that your brothers and sisters are going through the same kind of suffering.
1 Peter 5:8‭-‬9

You know what my problem is when I read verses like this is? I don't relate them to myself.  My problems are so insubstantial, so mundane, so pedestrian. I don't see any lions waiting for me. Today I had a few verbal misunderstandings with a couple of people on noncrucial topics. I encountered a lot of grump unless. My car was making a whistling noise. Now I'm grouchy because I was tired of being the only person not grouchy.

I know those verses are for me. So I'll be on my guard. I'll try to shrug off this mantle of gloom because it isn't mine. The mantle of hope is mine.

... sorry for the mixed metaphors.

No comments:

Post a Comment